Bitcoin is a digital currency that uses an open-source, peer-to-peer protocol to conduct, verify and record transactions.
- Bitcoin is the First Decentralised Digital Currency.
- It was created by someone under the pseudo name “Satoshi Nakamoto” back in January 3, 2009.
- Only 21 Million Bitcoins will ever exist.
- New Bitcoins are released every 10 minutes and given to Bitcoin Miners.
- The last Bitcoin will be mined in 2140.
- Bitcoin is divisible down to the 8th decimal place (0.00000001).
- The Bitcoin network/protocol is impossible to hack.
- No one Government, Bank, or person controls Bitcoin.